Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - im new here and I expect this has probably been covered in previous posts but wondering if someone could point me in the right direction regarding a few issues i have with cmax

I've got a 2007 cmax 1.8 duratec , it's covered 103k.

The car starts just fine, the engine temperature gauge pretty much goes to "normal" within about 30 seconds of starting, however, not sure if this is normal?

when the AC is on and i approach traffic lights the engine hunts at low revs, so it'll dip low then jump and occasionally stall, this doesn't happen when AC is off. I also notice the car acceleration is rather flat when the car is warm,

the engine sounds a but raspy, again not sure if this is normal, are there any troublesome parts to check intake wise?

What are the things to do/check on these engines, i don't mind getting my hands dirty :) any advice much will be appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Maybe start by putting some injector cleaner in your fuel tank. See if you can get hold of one that would be used by professionals
Let us know how you get on?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wynns gold additive is good stuff, when was the car last serviced? also the ac puts more load on the engine as it has to turn the compressor around and if the engine is not in good nick it will stall on tick over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wynns gold additive is good stuff, when was the car last serviced? also the ac puts more load on the engine as it has to turn the compressor around and if the engine is not in good nick it will stall on tick over.
Its been serviced yearly according to the paperwork. I've only had the car since June. It doesn't stall on tick over, but i notice the drop in revs when pulling upto traffic lights a lot more with the AC on , the revs drop and then the car tries to correct its self by upping the revs, but occasionally that fails and the car stalls... it always starts fine afterwards though. I'll give the Wynns gold a try

1 - 4 of 4 Posts