Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am desperately trying to locate the part number for the polystyrene foam filler that goes in the underfloor storage space of 2012 cmax. My local ford dealers are unable to locate it, and there's no info online (except info up to 2010 model). So therefore i am asking everying with a 2012 model to check to see if they have the piece of polystyrene in thier car and if so to post the part number on this thread. :) the underfloor storage is located in the floor of the rear seats. There is a cover you have to remove. I have attached a picture of the empty space.
Thank you :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there. I have exactly the same car.I really understand you and I have tried to help you, but unfortunately, there are no numbers. I have done everything I could, but I simply couldn't find those numbers. I have searched for it on the internet also, but there is no information. It looks like these numbers are cursed, I simply can't find them. It should be a sing. I have read a lot about it on Angel Number 606 Meaning | SunSigns.Org, and it says that every number has a special meaning and explanation. It seems like its true.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I am desperately trying to locate the part number for the polystyrene foam filler that goes in the underfloor storage space of 2012 cmax. My local ford dealers are unable to locate it, and there's no info online (except info up to 2010 model). So therefore i am asking everying with a 2012 model to check to see if they have the piece of polystyrene in thier car and if so to post the part number on this thread. :) the underfloor storage is located in the floor of the rear seats. There is a cover you have to remove. I have attached a picture of the empty space.
Thank you :)
Hi Annette I have just joined we have exact same problem, did you ever find out the part number or how to resolve this, Hummer

·
Registered
87 Posts
I expect you need the filler so you can use a child seat. I got a piece of 12mm plywood cut to fit over the cutout, on top of the existing cover. Then I put a piece of floorboard matching the width on top. I don't have any experience of calculating load figures but I expect it's stronger than the foam filler.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think it's more likely to be 13W054 in this picture.
Screenshot_20200722-234234_Chrome.jpg

Part number is 1790224 RH, 1790226 LH but it isn't clear, it claims that there's the same thing in my 2017 C-Max but I'm not sure if there is. I'll look tomorrow (Thursday) and see. I don't have any underfloor storage in this one, my earlier comment relates to my last 08 model.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just to confirm, is it the foam filler that fits in the underfloor storage compartments so you can use a child seat with a support leg that you want? That's the assumption I made but I could be completely wrong.

Interesting text - 7zap >accessories >protection and safety >child seat.
It relates to a Britax Isofix base to fit a Babysafe Plus child seat.
Screenshot_20200723-003235_Chrome.jpg
Could that be a reference to the top secret part, which actually refers to a part number 16C266C which appears on the drawing that mafcaw posted?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Annette I have just joined we have exact same problem, did you ever find out the part number or how to resolve this, Hummer
Hi Hummer
I have a 2011 plate with the filler behind the driver’s side - let me know if you still need the part number and I’ll see if I can find anything on it or at least take a photo of it so you know what you’re looking for? Kristy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts