Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
58 plate 1.8tdi - has a flat spot when accelerating in 1st and 2nd gear. Has anyone else experienced this, looks like its going back to the Ford dealership, i understand from other sources that this is a common problem, but dont know if ford are able to fix it. Oterwise a brilliant car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Richard, its at low speeds when pulling away at junctions or roundabouts- ie dropping from 3rd to 2nd, or 2nd to 1st and then trying to accelerate away. For 1 or 2 seconds there is little or no response, then when it does eventually pick up you have throttled too much and the car races forward at a faster rate than required. hope this helps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is it the first diesel you've driven? There will be a bit of turbo-lag at all speeds and obviously if you get below the boost speed (much below 1750rpm on the 2.0 TDCi), then you're going nowhere fast!

If not, sounds like a possible engine management issue - a software update may fix it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob, thanks, no ive had many diesels, mines the 1.8tdi and apart from my original post i love it. its less than 12 months old so i think its going into the dealer just to check, but i do feel its not picking up fast enough.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i had this very same problem i kept stalling my cmax so i got it remapped and got the low end boosted no problems now!! the company that remapped my cmax said that ford actually take their cars straight to him and get the low end boosted as so many customer were bringing their cars back with this very complaint! so they fix it for the customer before they receive the car to save them bringing it back!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts