Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a C Max 2.0L Automatic Zetec and really miss the centre console between the front seats (I used to have one on my previous non Ford car).

Looking online I see that there is one available from Ford but expensive! and some remarks have been made about fitting this due to the position of the handbrake? My handbrake seems to be in the normal position for a car so cannot understand what this means!

Is there only one type of console to buy and can I fit it myself easily ie does it fit over the current 'tray' or is this complete removal job which I would find difficult to tackle.

I am new to Fords and love the C Max - so can anyone help me improve it?

Regard

Gordon

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hello

I have a C Max 2.0L Automatic Zetec and really miss the centre console between the front seats (I used to have one on my previous non Ford car).

Looking online I see that there is one available from Ford but expensive! and some remarks have been made about fitting this due to the position of the handbrake? My handbrake seems to be in the normal position for a car so cannot understand what this means!

Is there only one type of console to buy and can I fit it myself easily ie does it fit over the current 'tray' or is this complete removal job which I would find difficult to tackle.

I am new to Fords and love the C Max - so can anyone help me improve it?

Regard

Gordon
perhaps they were talking epb in certain models

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm assuming you mean the 'premium' console fitted to Titanium/X models? The handbrake on Zetec trim cars is on the left of the centre console. On Titanium models it's on the right hence the console won't fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts