Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, long time since posting but I’m after some help please, I have a strange issue going on with the car. It’s a grand c Max 2015 U.K. right hand drive.
mall of a sudden, when locking the car through remote the following happened;

1. drivers mirror refused to fold in
2. Drivers mirror glass no longer moves
3. Drivers door lock sometimes engages but also makes the car lock it’s self and unlock it’s self

the puddle lights/courtesy lights and windows DO still work
I have checked the fuses and all are ok
There’s no low battery in the remote
Sometimes you can hear the drivers door lock grinding and crunching, other times no noise and it works straight away. Like wise, sometimes the drivers mirror attempts to fold in a few cm but slowly or indeed it goes all the way in but very slowly then refuses to come back out when unlocked

With the lights and windows working and intermittent and strange behaviour of the lock and mirror I assume it’s not the door module?

does anyone have any ideas or seen something similar?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Following this post I have similar fault on passenger side mine intermittently work for 2 sec then stop mirror dobt fold on key but sometimes will on button. Door module or dry connection??

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
There used to be an issue on the earlier cars (earlier Mk3s) that water gets into the door and soaks the module in the door. Sounds like this may have happened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts