Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is probably a stupid question.....

Are Fault Codes that quote 'Drivers Side' specific to Left Hand or Right hand drive cars, ......

or as it's an EU car, will 'Drivers side' always mean the Left hand side of the Car??

I spent all day yesterday trying to trace an open circuit on an airbag fault (B2774-30 ....drivers side). I was concentrating on the right hand side (as it's a UK RHD model) but now wonder if the air curtain with the fault is actually on the left hand side, passenger side (for a RHD vehicle)

Cheers All.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good question :D
In fact, I have no idea. I know that ford comfort module have in their type name letter that says is it for RHD or LHD. But it is no matter anyway, because you can change it connecting to obd laptop with simply russian configuration app :D
I doubt airbags have any connection with comfort module anyway. More likely they are checked by body computer. Not sure where he is in specific car, usually in speedo panel.
Speedo has separate version for UK so probably codes got its local version too. But it's my guess only.
Btw: how you're checking your airbags connections?
When it gets disconnected error it would lit on, you can't turn it off without dedicated interface.
If you don't have good piece of software, remember to disconnect battery before you start checking your airbags connectors :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts