Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all!

I have recently purchased a 57 plate C-Max titanium. Reading through the manual it talks about ESP and turning it on and off via a button. The button is not on my CMax, would that mean that ESP is not fitted or just that the button hasn't been installed? According to the CMax brochure ESP is fitted as standard.

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had the same thoughtswhen I gotmy 08 plate Titanium. The button is no longer fitted, the option is now in the menu. By default it's always on, if you turn it offa warninglight will show as a reminder.

The manual is slightly out of date.

Ste

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi SteMax. Just checked the menu system from the left hand stalk and there doesn't appear to be an option for ESP. The only technical setting is for the power steering. Any idea/thoughts?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Archipelego said:
Hi SteMax. Just checked the menu system from the left hand stalk and there doesn't appear to be an option for ESP. The only technical setting is for the power steering. Any idea/thoughts?
Just checked mine to get this right.

Turn the rotary control until 'set-menu' appears in the display, press the set button and ESP is top of the list. Should be a X in the check box, if not press the set button to activate it.

Also when the key is in position II the warning indicator lamps illuminate; is there an ESP light?

If it's not there and you don't have a button for it I would suggest speaking to Fordcustomer relations and ask when ESP was introduced as a standard feature.

Ste

1 - 5 of 5 Posts