Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my cmax is driving me nuts. When driving it just cuts out and esp systems failure comes up. If I leave the car for a week or so it then starts and runs for a few weeks then does it again.This has happened 4 times now and when plugged in shows no fault codes. Any one got any ideas. I have changed all the fuses and put a new fuel filter in.its a 2007 1.6 tdci cmax, any advice would be great thanks

·
Registered
964 Posts
The control modules are ECUs (Electronic Control Modules).
There are several ECUs in the car and these normally include : engine control module (ECM), power control module (PCM), transmission control module (TCM), brake control module (BCM or EBCM) and maybe others?
OBDII scanners can’t access the fault code(s)which will indicate where the fault lies, whereas Forscan can.
Once you have the code(s) you can Google and find out what they refer to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi it's had code scanners on it and showing no fault codes. But on a plus side it has just randomly started again and is driving great till next time

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

What kind of code scanner did you use?

Forscan or ELMconfig used with the correct scanner that has both HS & MS connections will tell you all the codes where as a cheap scanner with lesser software will be limited in what it reports.

Also is an auto?

Its just than an ESP error that makes the vehicle cut out seems a bit strange to me, but in an auto a transmission error could flag as an ESP, which would then be more likely to shut the engine down!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts