Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My EPB gave up over the weekend so im swapping out to go to a manual. I have managed to remove the EPB Total Fail message from the speedo but now i'm stuck as to how to get the handbrake light wired up for use with a manual handbrake.

Any one got any advice?

Thanks,
Trevor :cool:

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Hi all,

My EPB gave up over the weekend so im swapping out to go to a manual. I have managed to remove the EPB Total Fail message from the speedo but now i'm stuck as to how to get the handbrake light wired up for use with a manual handbrake.

Any one got any advice?

Thanks,
the EPB module & it's link to the instrument panel warning lights may be more of the problem for the future
Didn't realise the warning light operation ws in a different place with the EPB. Could you not get a manual version lever from a breakers ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my plan, but what I need to do is wire up the handbrake switch on the manual handbrake to the handbrake light on the dash.

With the EPB the wiring is a large block for the switch, now this has gone I will just have the manual handbrake switch with 2 connections, I'm guessing a ground and a power that is in some way linked to the speedo to turn the handbrake warning light on ((!))

Can I pick up any of the pins used for the EPB or is it a full wiring job?

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
That's my plan, but what I need to do is wire up the handbrake switch on the manual handbrake to the handbrake light on the dash.

With the EPB the wiring is a large block for the switch, now this has gone I will just have the manual handbrake switch with 2 connections, I'm guessing a ground and a power that is in some way linked to the speedo to turn the handbrake warning light on ((!))

Can I pick up any of the pins used for the EPB or is it a full wiring job?
These 2 wiring diagrams may help
View attachment W82Z0927.pdf

View attachment W82Z0900.pdf

I don't know where the intermediate connectors (If you closely at the instrument panel circuits) may or may not be attached but it may be that the existing wire between existing H/Brake Sw & dash will function as it did even without rest of parking module attached

you do need to check properly before wiring via any h/Brake Sw straight to Earth so as to avoid possible damage to the cluster

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue

Hi all,

Any one got any advice?

Thanks,
Hi
I have just converted mine to manual, how did you get rid of the message and did you get the handbrake wired up?
Regards Terry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wiring for manual hand brake is taped up in loom left side of driver seat just in carpet.gray wire with connector on also cigy and lamp for cigy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only just got back on the Cmax scene so missed this. I used a program called Focccus and a modified elm cable to read the bcm and change the handbrake from electronic to manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m doing the change this week, can anyone help with details on removing The epb failure message? And the handbrake light?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m doing the change this week, can anyone help with details on removing The epb failure message? And the handbrake light?
Get a program called FoCCCus_0.8.6 and a compatibale ODB cable, this then has the ability to "delete" the electronic parking brake.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks cool_dood01 for the info. Well, I have successfully changed to manual handbrake and its a lovely feeling to have control again. I wish I had done it sooner!! However, after having looked through utube for tips on using the FoCCCus programme, I'm a bit nervous about accessing the ecu and unticking things in case it makes matters worse. Also, am struggling to find the cable for the handbrake light in the dash. Can anyone help please? I have 11 months to go on MOT, so I know at least Ive got a good few months of running arond to do, before it perhaps becomes a fail on the MOT? Really appreciate the help so far though!!! And if anyone needs help with the practical side of the conversion, let me know. Its fresh in my mind.

·
Registered
17 Posts
FoCCCus_0.8.6
Get a program called FoCCCus_0.8.6 and a compatibale ODB cable, this then has the ability to "delete" the electronic parking brake.
Hi Cool_dood01, I also have a 2004 2.0 litre TDCI. I used your link and the first result on the list was this:

It seems to be specifically for a MK3 Focus. It's not impossible that I have misread the result, but will this work with a MK1 C-Max?

I already have a download of FORScan and an OBDLink Ex digitally switched link cable. I'll have to look into whether or not FoCCCus 0.8.6 or ELMConfig (if they are different) will work with my cable.
Please pardon any mistakes on my part, as I am new to all of this.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts