Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i recently purchased a 2.0 tdci c max and then had a second hand epb module unit fitted by some one who said they would sort

what happened battery went flat had to release the parking brake with the emergency pull then jump started the car now on dash it says total epb failure and parking brake does'nt work the mechanic told me i need a new module but still does'nt work do i need to have any thing programmed could really do with some help before i burn the car out

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
After reading other reports about this and what you have said, I would check the alternator is working.
There might of been a Limited EPB function sign come on before you got the car. This "normally" means that the alternator is dying. In all honesty, you really need the car plugged into a Ford diagnostic machine to sort this problem out. Remember that there are a few Ford independents garagesthat have this so look around if you need to.

If you have just purchased this from a dealer, take it back to be fixed.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I agree with lawe.The first thing to check is the alt.It is a bad problen on all C-Max but especiallt those with the damm epb.
Ford really need to be taken to task over this as it`s costing them customers & it`s customers money.
MM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts