Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all this is a bit long winded but here goesi have just fitted new rear brake pads to my c max & after i had changed the r/h side i removed the car key & the hand brake came on but the wheel would still turn so i pumped the foot brake & all was well.when doing the l/h side i did not let the handbrake come on i pumped the foot pedal first & the handbrake seemed to work ok but i travelled 2 mile up the road parked up applied the handbrake heard the motor for couple of seconds & then a loud groaning noise coming from the motor at rear which lasted about 5 seconds.when i tried to take off the handbrake nothing happened no motor noise & epb failure light on dash i tried the overide cable but handbrake still on i managed to unplug the loom to the epb at rear of cardisconnect battery put plug back in reconnect battery ignition on press handbrake off which worked but as soon as i put the handbrake back on i got same noise & it would not go off do youneed to calibrate the epb motor mech after fitting new pads & if so how tried searching everywhere but had no luck
many thanks chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have just sorted out my epb i got some instructions from a diagnostic company on how to deactivate & reativate & its now re calibrated will post instructions on here later
thanks chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts