Ford C-Max Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorted!

£15 ELM cable (came with Forscan CD) & laptop.
Took 40 mins to sort the laptop end, just a few mins to do the job.

No EPB, No Warnings = Well Chuffed!

Simon
Hi Simon,

Do you have any detailed advice on how to do this? I just bought a modified cable from Amazon, but cannot figure out how to download the software etc to remove the epb failure message. Is it easy to do? Can you help please? Thanks Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Adam, I would be very greatful for any info about the parts to get in order to do the conversion. My C-Max has its MOT coming up in a month and the EPB is rubbish. Of course I need the handbreak lever, the cables and then the centre console. Anything else going underneath the body?

Thanks in advance 😀
So what parts would i need to do this converstion? Im not mechaniclly minded but have friends who are if i can get the right parts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I did a successful hand brake conversion today. I managed to get the handbrake lever and the cables and the centre console from a C max 2004 1.6 LX that had rear disc brakes, so the fittings were the same. After stripping the old epb cables and emergency release, I stored them neatly around where the eps unit is and zip tied them together so they wouldn’t drop down. The guy I bought them from had a hydraulic ramp which made the job much easier. Fitted in under 2 hours and works a treat! All I have to do is erase the epb failure message and sort the handbrake light. If you want more info on the installation, let me know.
exactly what parts would I need?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So what parts would i need to do this converstion? Im not mechaniclly minded but have friends who are if i can get the right parts
You would need the handbrake along with switch (this is attached to the handbrake lever) This is on a plate that bolts down in the same place that the bracket for the manual release does and uses the same bolts. There is also a bracket that the replacement console screws to at the front end below the gearstick, this also fits where the bracket that holds the wiring loom sits. And you will need a replacment console. Underneath the car you will need the two handbrake cables that go to either rear wheel, then a single cable that joins from a yoke roughly in the middle of the car and goes up into the cabin and conects to the handbrake lever. This has a thread and a nut on it. Use this to adjust the handbrake. When you are underneath the car you can follow the route of the cables, they are concealed underneath the heatshields for the exhaust. These have small flimsy hexy shaped nuts that when loosened will alllow the heatshield to come away. Fitting is simple once you have access. The issue I had was trying to get the fault codes removed from the dash. No where seemed to be able to do it even Fords, so I resigned myself to having to scrap the car once the MOT expired. However, good news! After months of trying to resolve the epb issue, just yesterday I gave it one final inspection and managed to bypass an apparently inoperative red wire to give power back to the epb unit and hey presto, my epb works again! I found the fault with a cheap electrical tester. So, as long as it keeps working, I'm happy and wont be scrapping the car anytime soon. Its a 2004 c max diesel with 163000 on the clock! Let me know if you need anymore advice and I now have a handbrake lever and console I'm looking to sell, so if you know anyone who might be interested.........

·
Registered
4 Posts
I could well be interested. Seems a shame to get rid of the car because of this annoyance - especially as I have had to do the clock issue too. How much for the parts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I could well be interested. Seems a shame to get rid of the car because of this annoyance - especially as I have had to do the clock issue too. How much for the parts?
50 pound plus postage unless you want to collect, I’m in North East. You will need cables though don’t forget. If you send me your mobile I can send you pictures.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts