Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have a 53 plate 2.0 tdi , currently displaying engine systems fault, dash lights up, engine management light stays on along with oil and battery light . Turn ignition key to start and ... nothing. Fully charged the battery and checked with multi meter, drops .5 when key turned, checked all fuses, checked all earth points. Now run out of idea's
Any suggestions greatly received

Update, fault code reader won't connect, previously connected fine

·
Registered
338 Posts
Make sure the GEM unit under the passengers footwell has all the plugs firmly inserted, they can get kicked loose. Also check it carefully for water damage as that happens on older max's.
Also look for earthing faults or broken wires due to engine movement where the engine and ECU connect to the chassis rail behind the left headlamp.
The dash cluster may also give this fault, needs to be resoldered if so. Try tapping the dash pod and see if that does anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your suggestions, I have rechecked all the earth connections and removed and refitted all plugs in the GEM. Nothing has changed ! I'm starting to think that the ECU has blown. Any ideas on how to prove either way?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts