Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ford cmax 1.6 diesel (2010) , the car has been running really well but we can't get rid of the engine malfunction light it comes up after ignition and will stay on. I have had it on various diagnostics and code readers and the majority of the time the codes have all been linked to the dpf or the fuel additive tank/module. I've had a fair bit done to the car oil change/ new oil filter , new air filter, new facm, new glow plugs. It went into limp mode more recently so we have had the dpf cleaned out professionally and also the pat fluid topped up with a litre of fluid (we really thought these would sort it otherwise we wouldn't of got them done) . The limp mode is gone, and engine light off , but I still have engine malfunction light on& haunting us.
The code reader after having the dpf cleaned and pat fluid filled was reading p2585, again linked to the fluid. We can't get this code on our reader at home, I was adviced by the guy who done dpf & fluid to ask ford to reset the fluid levels or along those lines as his machines might not be capable of doing it... I popped into ford and wow they were pretty rude, so I walked away & found another garage that are ford approved garage but will do diagnostics cheaper and more polite! Anyways I've got to the point where are we just chucking money at something that we can never fix, it can't pass the mot with an engine malfunction,yet the car drives lovely. Has anyone get any advice, or things I can try before we either send it to scrap or chuck more Money at it?!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts