Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I have a 2007 2.1 tdi. A couple of weeks ago I stalled the engine after an emergency stop missing a laden tractor on an uphill u turn. The engine incident message displayed and warning lights came on. I restarted but the car moved in what I can only describe as less than emergency mode - 5kph max. I managed to get off the road and switch off the engine. It then refused to restart, no turn-over, no clicking battery (which is new by the way), nothing. All electrics functioned.

My local garage collected the car and reprogrammed the engine. All seemed fine.

I used the car yesterday for the first time since this incident. No problem. But on restarting after parking at the local market the exact same malfunction. The car would not exceed 5kph, was chugging, revs occasionally picked up briefly. After switching off, the engine will not restart. Again full electrics, but completely dead engine. The car is back with the garage.

I remember many (many) years ago I had a different car that went into idle mode but would restart and move. The problem turned out to be a blocked air filter. I am wondering whether this would be sufficient to cut out the engine and disable the ignition. Something to check once the garage has reprogrammed the engine again. But any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Roger

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had a similar problem with a accident repaired car a long time ago and that turned out to be sediment in the fuel tank blocked the fuel line after a long investigation I can only guess the sudden stop shifted sediment into the fuel pick up?
I'm guessing you have solved your problem by now could you tell us what was the fault.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks For your suggestion. The car is with a friendly garage. We’ve decided the problem is electrical - which covers a multitude of possibilities. Nevertheless I’ll pass on your experience to them. As it’s not vehicle no.1 I’m letting them work through it in between more important jobs. I’ll add more if they find something definite.

R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts