Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Has anyone else had an issue with the engine cover rattling and wearing into power steering pipe behind drivers headlight? If you have how did you deal with it?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes I have.
Two issues here , the chaffing wear marks caused by the rubbing of the aircon pipe against the cover
and the vibrating noise made by the vibration.
I solved it by utilising a circular piece of thick dense foam that had a hole and a split in it. ( a bit like a large thick polo mint ) I pushed it around the air con pipe and secured it with a mini cable tie. Inline with the rubbing position of the cover.
The cover now rests on the foam which prevents wear and the noise is subdued by the foam.
TIP....when you remove the engine cover place a little grease/vasaline over the cover mounting posts.
You'll be amazed how easy it is to pull off the cover next time without damaging the cover soc

Regards

Mr Rugby

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have.
Two issues here , the chaffing wear marks caused by the rubbing of the aircon pipe against the cover
and the vibrating noise made by the vibration.
I solved it by utilising a circular piece of thick dense foam that had a hole and a split in it. ( a bit like a large thick polo mint ) I pushed it around the air con pipe and secured it with a mini cable tie. Inline with the rubbing position of the cover.
The cover now rests on the foam which prevents wear and the noise is subdued by the foam.
TIP....when you remove the engine cover place a little grease/vasaline over the cover mounting posts.
You'll be amazed how easy it is to pull off the cover next time without damaging the cover soc

Regards

Mr Rugby
Thank you! That's brilliant advice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts