Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my max back at lunch time today.All Fixed.It seems the wiring ha broken down inside the plastic coating so from the out side it all looked normal but inside it was busted.My sparkie mate spent 2 days finding the problem & 1/2 hour to fix it.Best of all he only charged me £138,that`s for every thing inc full diagnostics too.Imagine what fraud would have cost.
At first sparkie said it was either a broken wire or an ecu failure.I think if fraud had got the car they would have replaced the ecu & also charged £100`s for trying to find the problen only for it to still be there & then have to go in again for them to charge even more £`s for some thing I bet they`d never find.All the electrics have been checked & tested (included in cost) so now I`m lookinfg forward to driving to Devon on Sunday morning with no worries about the car at all.

If any one lives in the Sutton Coldfield side of B`ham & need any electrical stuff sorting out,let me know & I`ll give you my sparkie`s number.He really is brilliant.Same with the a/c guy.

So in the past 3 weeks I have had a new a/c condenser fitted for £250 inc parts & full a/c service.A new cooling fan fitted for £240 inc parts & the electrics sorted out for £138.
I know this all sounds a lot of money but
I bet fraud would have wanted at least £1000 for all that !!!

The 2 guys who have done the work are probably the best in the business (around here) & their prices are unbeatable.

Cheers
MM

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Thats good to hear
I had a similar problem previously on a Vaux Cav and had to have the whole underbonet cable assy changed due to he time it would have taken to find a broken cable

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hooray MM!
Yep, I'd rather pay that amount to pros who know what they are doing!
Bet your chilly now

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chilly ??? Chilly???

I`m freezing

Sue & I are off to Devon @ 4.00am tomorrow & back on Wednesday so I`ll let you all know how we got on with the freezer.

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
You ought to be there for breakfast then
I managed Water Orton to Ivybridge in 3½ hrs driving

On the way back(if you read this before then) watch for the cameras coming down the hill after the racecourse before you get to the end of the M5 (you can just be rolling and be above the flash point)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts