Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am a newbie and a new C-max owner (reg 2008)...

has anyone got this problem - as usual the ford dealer is not helpful and not heard of our comlaint!

to get the car out of the drive, I need to reverse. when the weather extremely cold, it is almost impossible to engage reverse without grating the gears. however during the recent hot spell of weather the same problem arises. at all other times the reverse gear is easily engaged.

anybody heard of this or suffered similar???

any suggestions welcome as I am going mad!

my husband experiences the same problem so not a lady driver issue

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Is it only reverse that this happens on
Was your previous vehicle something where the clutch "bit" very near the top of the travel

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi Kay,
I have moved your post to the right area for you but please feel free to say a proper "Hi" in the newbies section.
As for your problem, has the Ford bods tried putting the car in reverse?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had no trouble with the clutch when vehicle new (not a clutch biting problem). Vehicle now 1 yr old and does it during initially cold weather and recently during hot spell.

After first use of reverse, next reverse is fine!

Are the linkages made of nylon at any point? Could this be the cause?

No, the ford guys have found no problem.

cheers Kay

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I am also a newbie, having bought a 57 plate (08 car) 1.6 Zetec.
Very often when trying to engaging reverse gear it doe'snt actually engage, it generally needs a lift of the foot then depress again. This works but sometimes gets the grating sound.
Have just come back from a 2700 mile two week holiday in the Scottish Highlands and averaged 42 mpg, which I don't think is too bad. But!!! the car certainly ran out of puff. Can anyone recomend a chip upgrade that will give a bit more power without invalidating the Ford warranty.
Better stop my ramblings for now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had this with quite few cars - Fords and none Fords.

I once had an Austin Metro that was really bad for this.

Bob

·
Registered
315 Posts
in my previous 1600 petrol max, i found engaging first gear then then straight after, engage reverse , worked fine . Try it a bet it works , stops that orrible crunching

1 - 8 of 8 Posts