Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my first time on here - not happy now. I,ve had my c max 6 months now (54reg 1.6tdci 30,000 on the clock ).Driving home from work 3 weeks ago in the snow ,
wipers went from intermittent to full sweep and just refused to turn off even with ignition off.My only option was to disconnect the battery,not being able to locate the fuse in the snow and darkness. Next morning I rang the local Ford dealer -Certainly sir we,ll have a look but it will cost £94 just for a diagnostic . I won,t repeat my reply.I couldn,t get a mobile sparkie out so i tried my local garage -came up trumps. I drove it round there ,wipers going like the clappers- they said probably a relay - leave it with us til mid afternoon . Anyway to cut a long story short it was the main fusebox that was at fault , a common problem according to the Ford dealers my garage dealt with for info. So common it,s cost me£400 .Surely this should be a factoryrecall on the grounds of faulty parts -its also a common prob on the S max.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On the grounds of safety, why did Ford not recall when they knew the child locks were malfunctioning - especially when it took a few weeks before the warning light came on on the dashboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts