Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem I'm having relating to the fuses for the audio system?

I have a 2011 Grand CMAX, the audio system pictured below.

Three weeks ago, the radio packed up. The info display showed the clock but the radio / cd / bluetooth system was completely dead.

• Assumed a blown fuse, and replaced all related fuses (3, 2 x radio fuses + 1 x information display fuse) Still no joy.
  • Assumed the unit itself was dead. I stripped out the head unit, found a replacement with the same exact part number and replaced. Nothing
  • Read a forum about resetting the sync system (even though mine is an older version, I wondered if it might use sync tech in the ahu) by removing the three fuses, driving without them for 15 minutes and then replacing them. Hey presto, it worked. Both AHUs work this way.
Two days later, the same thing happened again. The whole system just died. Resetting it again worked to restart it, but it feels only a matter of time before it happens again.

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to what is causing the fault? New fuses, working ahu. What else is there? I wonder if the battery could be running low, but surely this would affect other componentry first?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem I'm having relating to the fuses for the audio system?

I have a 2011 Grand CMAX, the audio system pictured below.

Three weeks ago, the radio packed up. The info display showed the clock but the radio / cd / bluetooth system was completely dead.

• Assumed a blown fuse, and replaced all related fuses (3, 2 x radio fuses + 1 x information display fuse) Still no joy.
  • Assumed the unit itself was dead. I stripped out the head unit, found a replacement with the same exact part number and replaced. Nothing
  • Read a forum about resetting the sync system (even though mine is an older version, I wondered if it might use sync tech in the ahu) by removing the three fuses, driving without them for 15 minutes and then replacing them. Hey presto, it worked. Both AHUs work this way.
Two days later, the same thing happened again. The whole system just died. Resetting it again worked to restart it, but it feels only a matter of time before it happens again.

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to what is causing the fault? New fuses, working ahu. What else is there? I wonder if the battery could be running low, but surely this would affect other componentry first?

Thanks in advance
IMG_20210629_144624.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts