Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm in some desperate need of help here, I've just done an engine change on a c-max 1.6 tdci mk1, everything is in working order bar the power steering.

I'm getting the 'assisted steering failure' notice on the dashboard, I've tried everything I can think of, thus far I have changed the pump for another one, checked the wiring for chaffing checked all of the fuses, removed the connector for the angle sensor on the rack. Still nothing, the power steering was working before the engine change (bottom end issues) and the replacement pump also comes from a working vehicle.

I've changed the fluid, new green stuff, I've checked the main connector for the steering pump and that does have voltage, I'm really now stuck now, don't know what else I can do...

I have FORscan and that is not logging any fault codes either...

can anyone please chime in, it's booked in for an MOT tomorrow.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Looking on youtube have you cleaned the filter in the resevoir. That could be the problem. Its about a freelander but same idea.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mym-rC3IPhA[/ame]

·
Registered
746 Posts
pas

Hi,
this is only a long shot and there really should be a fault code stored, but,
recently l noticed when l had an abs sensor disconnected l got the same message.
Being as stuff has been disconnected on your car, if the car hasn't moved since the engine change, jack up and turn all the wheels so it knows all the sensors are working. Probably best with ignition on.
ps are you using original injectors and ecu ?
Just a long shot
Good luck
Bob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
was wonder if you knew much about fords Electric Power Steer control modules. I've change my battery and my power steering has stop working fuses and relays are ok and there is power reaching the EPSCM. my launch scanner says loss communication with EPSCM.
do you think my module is broke and if so can you modify then so you don't have to buy/fit the hole steering rack.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would try disconnecting the battery for about 30 min's to reset everything then reconnect.
By the way you should always when connecting the battery positive first earth last, And remove Earth first and positive last to prevent voltage spikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thank you for the reply I've tried this and I also connect the battery this way too however I've since found a blown 32v/80amp fuse in the sealed fuse section of the battery box seperate to the two fuse boxes.
hopefully hasn't fried my module motor.

I'm going to purchase a new 80 midi fuse tomorrow and will update forum either way to help other o n here.(y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts