Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issues with my ford focus cmax 2.0 tdci. It's randomly loosing power while driving and won't rev/move (also rough idle in the morning). I had the crankshaft censor changed, it was fine for two weeks then same problem again, I then sent it back to the garage and they apparently replaced the EGR Valve with a used one in a good working condition, however on the way home it happened again! Just lost power and seemed to go into a limp mode.

I've had the car diagnosed at a different garage, and the codes that came up suggest that it has a problem with the EGR Valve.

My question is: Is it possible to get the EGR changed on these models and get the engine running without programming/re-calibrating? I'm worried the mechanic either didn't change the EGR valve at all (they just cleaned it), or they changed it but didn't re-calibrate it?

TIA

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I am fairly sure no programming is required although it may take a few miles to relearn. Your cheapest route would be to buy an EGR blanking plate and try that. It will probably throw a code but at least give you an idea if the EGR is to blame or if they just read an old code.

Depends on the engine code but the EGR is usually at the back and a bugger to get to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

From what I've read online these models require the EGR re-programming if replaced.

·
Registered
17 Posts
normaly Egr valves just need a clean to get working again and it's normaly easy to do yourself (admitaily I only have the 1.6 and perhaps on my car the clean did not actualy sort the problem but it's early days yet)
anyway do you have a code reader - for a few £ you could check the error codes to see what it points too !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts