Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 1.8 petrol zetec C max, love it to bits, Untill my EML came on,
Got the code confirmed as p0400 egr valve malfuntion,
anyway I'm in the middle of moveing so cash is tight at the moment, just wondered if it's possible
to clean the valve, and where it's located??
Thanks for Reading and look forward to your advice.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am told that it is most unlikely to be the EGR on the petrol version. I have had the EML come on at regular intervals recently, andscanned codes P2008 (Intake manifold Runner circuit Bank 1) and also P0400 (Exhaust Gas Recirculation flow). I had no problems with the car other than the EML light on. On Wednesday the battery did not have enough power to start the engine and I got the electric brake failure on the dash. I checked the voltage of the Battery at 10+ volts. After jump starting the car I again checked the voltage at 13+ volts and the brake fault cleared. I replaced the battery yesterday so far no EML. I understand that both the Focus and CMaxmight return these codes if you have a dodgy battery. I hope that I am not counting my chickens. But its worth checking your battery you never know, Good Luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dodger, I'll look into that, it's possible it could be that, because somtimes the car struggles to
start, the eml comes and goes after a few runs, we went to silverstone the other week, it went well and light had gone off the previous day, that was over 80 miles.
It just goes to show that it could be somthing simple like that, and not to trust what the reader says.
If you hear of anything else it could be,let me know.
cheers steve.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
There are various posts on other boards relating to P0400 with Mondeo petrol versions where it suggests check the condition of any related / connected vacuum hoses even though the valve is electrically operated (not certain if there are any in this CMax case though)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Richard. Iv checked hoses, they are a fine, no leaks, A tech friend suggested it may be the
Oxygen sensor, have you heard Anything regarding this?

Steve

·
Registered
489 Posts
Did you ever get anywhere with this? My cmax has thrown a p0400 code. Last time it happened was when it was really cold and it errored just about everything! Then the dash warning light went off after a few days. It's happened again over last 2 days. The fault comes then goes. Code reader says egr fault. Will clean out throttle body and tubing,, and maybe replace all the small bore vacuum hoses for food measure too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so my dad's 1.8 c max has this p0400 code and he went to the mechanic they told him that this code is related with the egr and they cleaned the egr and everything and code still appears in like 1 2 3 months when he drives slow in like 5th the code appears and it says something with the exhaust and he got a obd tester just so i can delete that code for him when it appears so he doesnt have a check engine light the mechanics told him it was nothing bad that its fine so idk my dad just asked me to look into it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts