Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for abit of info on how big of a job is blanking the egr valve off on my c-max 2.0 tdci 136bhp I've got one and it's just been sitting in my glove box for ages

·
Banned
2,747 Posts
I'm looking for abit of info on how big of a job is blanking the egr valve off on my c-max 2.0 tdci 136bhp I've got one and it's just been sitting in my glove box for ages
The biggest pain is getting the wipers off, scuttle panel (top) remove the brake fluid bottle then the two torq screws far left and right on the bottom scuttle panel, 8mm socket to remove or loosen the left side wiper arm because the lower panel won't move out. You should then have 4 clips on the bulk head it self( careful lifting the bottom scuttle panel as the clips will drop down ). Remove the clip from the silver pipe just right of the inlet manifold ( it goes to the top of the egr) undo the 10mm bolt that holds the fuel line in place half way up. Then at the back 10mm I think two bolts undo them ( don't need to remove totally just enough to slide the plate under ) fitting is in reverse NOTE: done over tighten the two bolts on the egr they snap very easy. I did one on mine and was luck to get the bit out. Just a turn and little more. You might get the engine light on like I did.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is it worth blanking the egr I got drive from Stoke to France soon ( Disney yay)
And want know if it'll truly make a difference

·
Registered
451 Posts
After taking my egr valve out on Tuesday to clean, blanking seems the best option as cleaning the egr will be a regular occurrence. To be honest it's the biggest load of crap someone's ever come up with. The amount of soot on the valve was terrible, and I only had it cleaned 2 years ago.
So let me get this right, the egr valve recirculates exhaust gas so that it can be reburnt instead of going straight out the exhaust system. So what you achieve is smaller soot particles that can be much easier to breath in. Brilliant. Meanwhile diesel engines get huge build up of soot in many parts of the engine causing more problems. Brilliant.
You couldn't make it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mines blanked and has the light on dash.. easy way to clear it? I know the mondeos drill a 10mm hole into Euro 4 engines....same fix for this??

·
Registered
8 Posts
surely by telling the ECU the engine no longer has an EGR valve, which is done by the person who ever writes and creates the new engine map when being done via the OBD-II port

1 - 9 of 9 Posts