Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Just purchased a 2011 Grand Cmax 1.6 TDCI Titanium. Seems pretty good once I replaced the battery! The other problem I have is a duck pond in the spare wheel well! It seems wet in the rear back corners. The sound deadening is damp low down but when I use the damp meter it prove to be dry 4 up and above so can only assume its low down where the water is getting in but cant see where? I have checked all the grommets and removed cleaned and sealed them with silicone. I have pulled down the headlining and checked all the mentioned, hinges, roof rails, Ariel and the side panels to check the lights, all seems dry. I have looked through all the threads and it seems that this was a common issue on the earlier model but, I cant find any threads on this age 2010 - 2013 so assume its a less common issue? anyway just thought it might be worth asking in case anyone has suffered similar issues on this age vehicle? Thanks Paul

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, update on this. I have today managed to trace the leak. Its a poor panel seal in the rear quarter panel. Looks like an issue from manufacturing. Managed to take some video footage and photos with my phone. Next problem is how I get in there to clean up the joint and re seal it!? There appears to be an air vent (second photo) in there so assume this is accessed from the outside, looks like there is a plastic inner wheel arch so assume its under there? Anyway lets wait for a dry day and see if I can get access!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts