Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't really looked into it but how do you access the bulb in the headlight unit? It has blown and is in need of replacement. Thank you

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
From memory, you'll need to unscrew the top of headlight unit, unplug the socket, push down the clip and the whole unit will come out.
Thankfully it is described in the manual!

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Suggest perhaps whilst doing O/S do the N/S as well so that you know you've got a matched pair regarding light output and life expectancy and keep the good but used one for a spare

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Make sure you don`t turn the yellow tourex screws as the adjust the alignment.
I changed both of mine some time ag,1st took 20 mins as I did not want to mess up.Second (n/s) took 5 mins.
MM

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If you look in the modification section on the new C-Max (look on main menu) there is a post called How To HID.It tells you how to do the bulbs & there are pics too
MM

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check out this link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VaPOtC-Ans

Excellent Video provided!

As for the newer CMax(the one in the video is pre 2007 or whenever the new model came out). It is pretty much the same apart from once the headlight is out the covers are rubber and notone large plastic clip on case.

Easy to do once saw this video!

Just make sure you only push the plastic clips a few mm and no cm's as theycould snap!

Worked ok for me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts