Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone can help. I have a 2004 Zetec C-Max. Today the drivers window has stuckhalf way and it will not go back up! The passenger side works ok.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
OK quick checks:

Do all other powered windows work? If not check fuse.
Other reasons might be a dodgy connection on the switch or worse motor failure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks - the passenger side works ok and I checked the fuses and all seem ok. It did it once before but started working after a couple of minutes??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know how I take off the door trim? As I am holiday at the moment and unlikely to find a Ford dealer open I may as well try to close the window by taking off the trim and pushing it back!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi,
start under the main door handle the bottom of the trim prises off this shows 2 or 3 screws. Starting from the bottom of the door pull the trim away from the door. At the top of the door pull off the cover from the little speaker and unclip wires. Pull the surround from from the door opener this just splits and pulls away you should then be able to undo the screws and pull off the door trim. Oh i just though when you pull off the trim under the main door handle this exposes the underside of the window switches you can check for loose wires maybe save youself all the other hassle. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks. For some reason after driving for about 5 mins (admittedly over a bumpy lane) the window worked! It is shut now and I won't be using it until I can get it checked. Must be a loose connection or something!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts