Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wondering whether anyone has experienced the drivers door lock not opening the car? Both keys operate the bonnet and ignition but dont open the door. Its an 04 Ghia by the way? Any help you could give me on the problem would be great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. I only bought the car recently so I dont know if the screen has been changed.Both the plip fop and the manual key operate the ignition and open the bonnet but no joy from the door lock. Reason this is a problem is that I sometimes have to take the manual key when the wife has the plip fob with her. Seems to me like a problem with the lock itself or maybe a connector rod?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
If your wifes fob works the doors by remote, then you will needALL the keys together and program them while inside car.
It will tell you in the manual on how to dothis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Suppose I could give this a go but why would they keys operate the ignition but not the door? I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Inside the key is a chip that is programmed, by Ford, to operate the ignition. As for the doors, this runs from a different chip.
In other words, one cheap and one expensive, can you guess which one?!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The manual describes a reprogramme for fobs only. Did it, still no joy. Thumbing through the manual I noticed there is a fuse for 'power lock', could this be my problem? The only other lock it could operate is the boot. I'll look tomorrow and see if it has blown.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Lazyb,

Exactly the same symptoms. Father-in-law and I started to strip the door at the weekend but got to the point where we weren't happy to go on (window mechanisms etc). I have a warranty that should cover it so I'll only have to pay for the garage to diagnose the problem. Still, £75 I would rather not have parted with!

I'll let you know if that was the problem.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Do make sure that they don't count faults with the door locks as "Wear and Tear" due to having used them. No I'm not joking

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi Stu shame you dont live near Peterborough reckon i could strip and refit the door in about 4 hours with tea breaks of course.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers lazyb
. Thought I would get the fault done at the garage because it was still under warranty. What a joke! The warranty company did pay for it, turned out I needed a rod and a piece at the back of the door handle and it drove the mechanics mad trying to get to it, butI was without the car for 3 days! Warranty company (Auto Protect) refers the job to National Service Network who refer it to the garage who diagnose the problem, fax the forms back to National Service Network who pass it on to the warranty company for approval etc etc etc! Most of the delays were caused by waiting for people to talk to each other.

Anyway, its fixed now. Thanks for all your help guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I'm new and need help. I need to remove the driver door panel on my '53 1.8 c-max. It will open from inside and all other doors work fine. I've taken the exterior handle and lock off (really easy). All parts seem in tact so my guess is the problem is lower down inside. If I could remove the panel I might be able to ascertain if something's just come adrift or a new part's required. Any tutorial/expertise would be truly appreciated. Thank you all!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts