Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2011 C-Max with the 1.6 Duratorq engine. The air intake throttle body has decided to die. With replacing it, is there any computer input or is it literally plug and play?.

Any help would be appricated. :):)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

Replaced Throttle body and still no luck. Does anyone have the pin out for the connector pin?. I know i need 12 volts and a 5 volt. Anything else?. Forscan values for the throttle positon dont change on any situation?.

Again, any help would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the response.

the code I have is P02E4 "Diesel Intake Air Flow A Control Stuck Open".

The Throttle body/anti shudder valve does not operate at all. When the engine is turned off it is supposed to close but doesnt.

Now because of this the car refuses to do a DPF regeneration and I now have code P2463 " Particulate Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation Bank 1"

I am now lost as to what to do.

Is there a fuse or relay for the throttle body? or am I missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Liam

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi

Hi,
I presume you can use a circuit tester.

When you disconnect the throttle body motor, ignition on engine off, you should get a reading at the harness side, maybe 12v but something.
There won't be a fuse as it's controlled by the pcm and works in conjunction with the maf sensor.
If you don't get a reading then you have to look for bad contact at that plug, test continuity between wires and plug connectors, or broken wire between there and pcm.
I reckon information on this is going to be very limited and you may have to follow the wires or maybe the colour of the wire at the pcm and check continuity to find what l suspect will be a break in the wire.
If you have already got readings let us know.
Bob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your response.

if the maf sensor is faulty would that stop the operation of the valve?.

indeed I do have have a multi meter and I get 12 volts from one of the pins.

Is the PCM located behind the passenger side wheel?.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the key "on" and ignition off i get the following voltages

Pin 1 - 0 volts
Pin 2 - 12.2 volts
Pin 3 - 0
Pin 4 - 2.15
Pin 5 - 5

Continuity is through connector so connector is ok. Just need to get PCM out next and look for a short.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi

Hi
l take it that both pins at zero are earths ? (black)

What colour are they and did you use these as earths when you tested as l understand the pcm uses it's own earth (don't earth on car)

Mine is an old 2004 and the pcm is behind the liner at n/s front wheel.
I only know from what Ive read that the pcm reads from the maf and a sensor at the throttle body to operate the butterfly.
The fact that you have live coming to the unit with ignition on rules out possible fuse etc and l believe the pcm will supply the earth to operate it.
You need to check and clean the maf and connections/continuity of those two wires to pcm.

Bob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much for the response.

I hooked forscan up to the computer and got the following in relation to the maf;

At idle;

MAF : 10.61 g/sec

MAFHZ : 3484 hz

At 3000rpm;

MAP : 46.3 g/sec

MAPHZ: 6370 hz

Will check this evening after work

Thank you for your help so far.

·
Registered
746 Posts
maf

I reckon the maf is working then.
So with maf ok, new throttle body, live to it with ignition on, only leaves pcm not activating it.
Has to be one of those 2 wires or their contact with pcm to check.
Bob.
Drive you nuts don't they.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Ford tech

Hi Liam,
found a post done by ford technical which you will have to try if you haven't already done so.
It says disconnect battery 10mins (if l were you run any charge right down connect positive to car earth while earth disconnected)
reconnect battery, ignition on for 15 secs then start car, leave at idle for 5-10 mins AFTER it has warmed up, no accessories ie radio lights etc on.
It says the ford learns idle trim.
Whether this makes any difference l have no idea but maybe worth a try.
Bob.
ps no idea on maf readings but it's working isn't it, try you tube for that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Battery out for 60 mins....no joy. Took it for a spin and about 10 mins in the fault flagged up!

Off with the wheel it is!!!.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts