Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 1.6 (109) TDCI which I purchased 5 months ago. The car seems excellant in all repects, except one!
I am experiencing diesel fumes inside the car when stationary with engine running. It becomes more apparent as the engine warms. I have inspected where I can under the bonnet, I am unable to detect any signs of any types of leaks, infact the engine and its components are as clean as new.
Any suggestions most welcome.
ELJ

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was literally about to make the same post! Recently (last month) I too have noticed the fumes smelling inside the cab. The exhaust seems to be intact. A couple of months ago, I changed the air filter, which had some oil on it from the breather - I wonder if this might have happened again, causing the diesel smell. I will take out the filter tomorrow to investigate.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Have either of you recently changed the fuel filter? I had mine changed at service 3 weeks ago & for about 5 days there was a smell of fuel.This happened last year as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had considered the possibility of it being the fuel filter. As for my car I have no idea when the filter would have been changed, but I assume sometime in it's life particullary as it has now covered 90,000 miles. I am now contemplating taking the car a local garage ( not Ford)for investigation next week

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Might it be one of the nuts in the injector pipework being just loose enough to allow a faint atomised spray into the engine bay which aiir flow at road speed disperses

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Richard, that sounds very logical, I will ask the garage to check it out and I will report back on their findings

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Richard, You were 100% correct! The garage found the fault to be combustion blow past number two injector.they stripped out this injector cleaned the carbon build up. Then checked the other injector bolts. Engine now running soother and quieter. At last I can detect the more fregrant smell of the car freshner.
ELJ is well pleased.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts