hi
just gat a c max 1.6 diesel turbo car today monday
what return on diesel cosumption can i expect
thanks
david

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Around town,on a run or mixture of both?
I think Richard G is the best person to reply on this as he has the 1.6 TDCI too.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
around 45 MPG just about whatever with closer to 50 when it gets a little warmer weather or if it is not a lot of shorter journeys

·
Registered
28 Posts
have a 2.0 TDCI, from full tank (trip to the Lakes last weekend & general use) 612 miles with computer showing 45 miles to empty, I can normally average 550 miles per tankful but this is my best yet, only mod is a K & N panel filter & Millers diesel treatment every other tankful to keep the injectors clean, I have had it tracked & geometry checked & ensure the tyre pressures are always spot on, the journeys are generally with the Max lightly loaded (the weight of the rear seats is horrendous so they usually come out prior to any journey) also just to showI do use it to it's best I took it round the Nurburgring in 10 minutes 23 seconds. Paul H, Bicester.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a new 1.6 Tdci, it has done 2300 miles' so far the trip computer is showing an average of around 54mpg. It drops down to something in the higher 53's if I do a lot of local running about and goes up to 54.5ish if I get a decent run (say over 50 miles)

At first the average used to change frequently but obviously as the mileage has increased it changes less often.

I live on the coast in the NW Scottish highlands so wherever I go I am surrounded by high hills which don't help fuel consumption, except for free wheeeling down the other side. My main monthly shopping trip is to Fort William (about 50 miles) and I also make a monthly trip to Glasgow (120 miles) The rest of the mileage is just dodging about around the village.

·
Registered
75 Posts
OUR 1.6 PETROL SEEMS TO HAVE SETTLED TO A AVEAGE OF 45 MPG ON A GOOD RUN , IF I PUT THE COMP DISPLAY ON INSTANT DISPLAY ON A FLAT ROAD AND SWITCH THE AIR CON ON IT DROPS BY 3 TO 4 MPG . ON A LONG JOURNEY THIS COULD BE EXPENSIVE

·
Registered
28 Posts
Russ, after my 600 plus miles on the last tankful latest one even with anither motorway run to the Lakes & back has only given me 520 miles so seems nothing can be expected to be a regular amount of miles per tankful, must really be down to conditions, my driving style, load carrying etc, etc, Paul H.

·
Registered
122 Posts
we have a tdci 2.0 ghia which when i filled it up on sunday i reset all the mpg, trip on so on but when i got to how many miles left in tank it only said 453
. not sure if there is a problem some where but it does seem to drink a bit.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't trust either digital or analogue fuel gauges - all are wildly inaccurate, regardless of make or model of car. When the gauge on my petrol 1.6 might tells me the tank is completely empty, the tank actually has over 45 litres of fuel left in it
. The only way of accurately judging fuel consumption seems to be to calculate the figures at the pump after a fill-up.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I use this site to log all the costs with the CMax: http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/
You'll see at the post of every post my MPG. This is the average it has worked out over time and so far I'm happy.
I did get some really high MPG's on my holidays but then as soon as I get back to normal, it drops back to the mid/high 30's.

I also use the site log everything I spend on the CMax, tax, insurance, parts etc.
Very good site.

·
Registered
122 Posts
thanks for all the replies
i think i will try and get the fuel light to come on this tank of fuel to see how many miles i get.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts