Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just joined so a bit new to all this techno communication.

I've just bought an "04" 2.0tdci ghia. It's fitted with the "denso" touchscreen sat nav.

As mentioned in a few other post's, the clock is wrong. The closest solution i've seen for this model is to hold the Menu button down for 6 seconds & then scroll through to the menu that allows the RDS time function to be set to "on". Problem is after the 6 second hold a numeric keypad screen appears asking for a diagnostic pin number in order to procede further. I tried putting the unit's 4 digit pin in but this had no effect. I don't want to just randomly plug in numbers in case it freezes me out after a certain number of wrong attempts!! I may try the suggested method of disconecting then reconecting the battery at 15.00 hrs but this would be a last resort! There has to be an easy way to solve this, after all we're only trying to set a clock here, not achive nuclear fusion at room temperature!!

Any good ideas out there?

Regards, Trowom.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To access the Denso Diagnostics, press the nav button and then 'Agree'.

Press and hold the menu button for 10 seconds until you are asked for the Diagnostic PIN code.

The master code is 842520. Then press enter.

You can mess about with most options on there with the EXCEPTION of the following..

SW Update
Load Program (or Loading)

Messing with those two without the Firmware disc (no firmware data on the Map disc!) will delete all the start up software the unit needs and can only be reset and restarted with a proper firmware update disc.

You should be able to set the clock from the diagnostics screen once you have entered the above code.

There is a more indepth listing of the Denso Diagnostics over on www.fordmondeo.org and its listed under the MK3 Wiki.

Hope the above helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts