Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , Just picked up a spanking brand new 1.8 Zetec and I need to know how to deactivate the internal alarm when locking the car. We sometimes leave the dog in the rear for short periods. The instructions note a switch near the drivers handle but there isnt one on the Zetec. Does the alarm go of ONLY if the doors,bonnet or boot are opened or is it a sensor for movement within the car wjen locked? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey there,

Can't really comment on the newer models - if they're different - I've got a 2004 Zetec 1.8 and leave my dog in the boot (with the parcel shelf off, or course) when I call into the shop or when out and about, and the alarm doesn't go off.

I don't know whether it makes a difference if the dog is in the main part of the car or not because he's not allowed on the seats.

So far, I've not had any problems with dog in car/ alarm.

Guess I've not helped much with resolutions at all, but those are my experiences.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think the internal sensor is only fitted to the Titanium spec. If sensors are installed there will be a switch near the drivers handle and when pressed a confirmation message appears on the LED display. Also you can see the sensors in the light cluster above the rear view mirror if fitted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts