Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted the switch to deactivate the front passenger airbag? The other half would prefer to put the baby seat in the front when she is travelling. The switch, if fitted, would be located in the glove box (you can see the blank). Apparently the wiring is in situ (verified by the Ford dealer - 05 TDCI Ghia), it literally needs the switch installing. My local Ford dealer can sell the switch for approx £18 - great. Unfortunately, they insist on fitting it for safety reasons. I wouldn't mind if this was a reasonable charge, however they want to £160 for the privilege of a five minute job. As far as I am aware, the switch is easy to fit, however the issue is in re-setting the ECU. I have heard disconnecting the battery for 1/2 has the desired effect??? As this is potentially safety related (i.e. setting the airbag off), unless someone has first hand experience with this installation, we will stick with the rear seat. Thanks in advance.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I think they are probably quite correct in having to reset the ECU and needing to connect tp the proper computer system to get the software properly installed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts