Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In bright sunlight, I fine the dazzle in the windsscreen from the elephant grey fascia not only annoying but positively dangerous. Has anyone tried reducing this with, say, a black velvet duster or any form of p[aint?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have had lots of problems with my car but my dash blinding me I have not had thatone.
Has it got some kind of polish on it that makes it shine ?If so cant you just wipe it off.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB MIKE C

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi & welcome,I read on one of the posts about this subject that neat washing up liquid rubbed on the surface would cure the problem.Have a look through the list of posts to see if I`m right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks tomy respondents for their help; I'm very grateful. The most suggested remedy was to use washing-up liquid to remove what I now guess was some polish put on as valeting. I explained to my wife how valuable the internet was for such queries & she said that for greasy hobs, windows etc she sprayed with neat vinegar & then rubbed it down. Thinking this might be easier to clean up than washing-up liquid, I thought I'd try it first! I have been very pleased with the result & feel more confident with the car in bright sunshinenow.
Thank you all again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts