Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When re-setting the date and time on Sony CD Generation 2, either the date or time moves to another setting can be back a couple of minutes, days or years. The time has been been losing at least a couple of minutes a month.

My local Ford Dealer (Jacksons of Henley), has said they can find nothing wrong, but the problem still exists. I have kept a log of all recent occurences. I use the precise intructions in the handbook to alter the time. Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Also the max part of the C-max rear badge has had the bright plating come adrift and the fixing screws for the Hign Mounted Stop Lamp have corroded + one of the locking nuts for the wheel. The car is an 08 registered Titanium. Is this normal? My garage wanted to charge me £25 for a new badge and £11 for the screws, needless to say I declined. Surely this type of corrosion should not manifest itself so soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Avalon,
I had a company ford Transit van which had all the wheel nuts starting to corrode within 2 years!!! Needless to say i had them all replaced under warranty. The mechanic initially told me that warranty may not cover, but i stated that if they failed whilst driving then it would be Ford who will be liable!!
Hope this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Silver Zetec,

I will mention the safety factor to my Dealer; unfortunately they seem to have a stock answer of "Nothing is covered under warranty, unless is big and not visible!"

·
Registered
75 Posts
MY CLOCK GAINS ABOUT 2 MINS A MONTH , I THINK THIS IS NORMAL ON THESE MOTORS NOT VERY GOOD HAVING TO RESET IT SO OFTEN

1 - 4 of 4 Posts