Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've had a nextbase 212 dashcam fitted to my 2015 cmax. It is a great little bit of kit, great detail, wide view and ease of use... However, I'm a bit miffed that it has to be positioned low on the passenger side so it views through the swipe of the wipers. It is also more visible from outside because of this. If the wipers' action was like my old max I could set it higher but the left wiper being short and sweeping up from the right doesn't allow it. I can't think of any way around this. So if you're considering one, bear in mind the wiper sweep! By the way, the cam screen can be disabled when recording so it's not distracting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
HI, I have the same webcam, mine is fitted just under/behind the mirror. The wiring then hides nicely under the ceiling trim and the trim down the side of the windscreen then up into the fuse box under the glove compartment.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I take it Dagman that your Cmax has the wipers that sweep from the bottom centre out to the sides so the wipers move in opposite directions, rather than wiping the same direction like most do.

This means that the unwiped part of the screen is behind the mirror at the top centre of the screen rather than the top left corner. This would be why it cannot be fitted behind the mirror, as the screen would not be cleared in front of the camera.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's right Wolfie, the cam is positioned low to the left of the mirror. By law there must be nothing more than 40mm within the wiper area and certainly not in the middle of the screen (I have seen some like this with phones n satnavs too!). The cam only just picks up on the mirror console and isn't a problem as it still sees the whole road ahead.
Axc09, I couldn't be bothered fitting it myself, and there was a special offer on with the memory card and hardwire kit at the time...

·
Registered
406 Posts
OH meant to add...if you have a Android radio/dvd player the system will record your journeys with front or rear camera's.very affordable Android systems off e/bay,(their all made in China despite the some of the Western sounding brand names.
Plus being Android you can use the internet/e.mails.and engine diagnosis etc etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts