Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice on fitting dash cam.

I recently bought a Vantrue N2 Pro and would like to hardwire it, but not sure where to attach the ground wire. I was hoping I'd see a screw I could pinch it under, but there's nothing obvious. A metal bar runs over the top of the fuse box with a plate below it but not sure how I'd attach to those without surgery. Anyone done this already or have any clever ideas?

I've got a 2015 CMax 1.6 petrol.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If it was mine I'd drill a small hole in that bar making sure to catch all of the metal swarth, or you could put a jubilee clip around the bar trapping your earth wire under it.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
There are actually plenty of existing bolts & screws you can use.
Just a case of being handy with a multi-meter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the responses. Just spent 30 mins outside but not had much luck. Concealing the wire was easy enough - I then put the add-a-fuse in and tried attaching the ground to the metal bar, but that only seems to activate the camera for a moment and then it goes off.

The only screw/bolt I can find is up in the top-right. It's really awkward to get to and I don't have a spanner that small. Trying to use anything else in such a tight space would be difficult.

@Ghost I have a multimeter tucked away somewhere - what would I put the probes on and what setting would I use?

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
Apologies for the delay.
im guessing you’ve done it by now!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sadly, no. Have just left it plugged into the lighter socket for now.
Hi..just move the fuse box slightly to the right a behind is a good earth point bolt...loosen it wrap your earth wire around and tighten back up..thats how I done mine and its perfect for my dash cam...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi..just move the fuse box slightly to the right a behind is a good earth point bolt...loosen it wrap your earth wire around and tighten back up..thats how I done mine and its perfect for my dash cam...
Ta for the info - I'll take a look!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts