Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, advice needed please
Recently I have found that the aircon smells damp when its first turned on. The smell soon goes as it 'dries out' but there is obviously a problem somewhere I'm guessing. Has anyone incurred similar?
My theory is that water is getting to the pollen filter. Could this be? I've read previous threads about water under the dashboard but no mention of said smell before.

Any ideas anyone????????????

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I had that smell, musty at start but goes away.
I changed the pollen filter and used a air con cleaning spray and all is now well.
I have now bought another can and wil be doing using the spray again as part of a yearly service.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
As lawe says change the filter but also think about having the air con regassed.Ford do it for £30 & I think Quick Fit do it too but I`m not sure of their price.I know of at least 1 independant garage by me that does it too.
Good Luck.
MM

·
Registered
122 Posts
Switch the AC off about 2 minutes before arriving at your destination. The air vents will dry out and therefore no smell. Or switch off and blast it with full heat for a few seconds to dry quickly.
I always did this with my old focus andduring 7 years of use never got the musty smell.

Ste

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same , ebay pollen filter £4 , found how to fit on this site now smell gone . All for £4 the same person is still selling them for £4 now just looked.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers all. I changed the pollen filter late last year (not nice) so I doubt its that, will give the spray a go I think
many thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts