Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After some ideas.....

I have a 2012 c-max 2.0TDCI titanium X. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that when the cruise control was on I could increase the speed by pressing the + button but if I pressed the - button it would just completely turn off instead of reducing speed. As of yesterday it now does this with the + button too.

I can switch the cruise control on (standby) but as soon as I pressed either the + or - buttons it switches itself off completely (off not pause).

I can't find any mention of the same problem online. Your sage-like advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Don't you just press the cruise ON....go to your selected speed (accelerator) then it should HOLD at that speed,when you touch the brake,this switches Cruise OFF.As you say the + and - should speed up=+ or slow down= - in increments.
Have you got Cruise Control adustments in your MENU ? dashreadout.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

After some ideas.....

I have a 2012 c-max 2.0TDCI titanium X. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that when the cruise control was on I could increase the speed by pressing the + button but if I pressed the - button it would just completely turn off instead of reducing speed. As of yesterday it now does this with the + button too.

I can switch the cruise control on (standby) but as soon as I pressed either the + or - buttons it switches itself off completely (off not pause).

I can't find any mention of the same problem online. Your sage-like advice would be much appreciated!
Did you ever get this sorted? I have the same problem. It was intermittent initially but now happens all the time. Dealership said it was a main battery issue and changed it but the problem remains. Diagnostics by the dealership cannot identify the cause.

·
Registered
454 Posts
MikeD
Registered
Joined Apr 4, 2018
Last seen Sep 4, 2018
So dont hold your breath waiting on a reply from him!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts