Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, on my 57 plate cmax i have noticed that the suspension is constantly creaking and what i would call a sqeaking noise, never noticed it before as always had music on but it seems to be worse pulling off and at low speeds, very annoying if not got music on, anyone else experience this or is it a fault with the car. thanks in advance. sean

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had exactly the same problem with my 06 Zetec. Simple solution I narrowed it down to either the rubber posts on the rear hatch or maybe the fitting for the lock which has some black plastic guides. For both I cleaned them carefully and then gave a silcone spray finish. No squeaking for the last six weeks!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a similar sounding sound (!?) on an 18 month old Focus. Pulling away at low speed and going over speed bumps etc... Turned out to be the bottom arm bushes. Known for it apparently - I would assume C-Max shares these components and their issues?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for reply, i have been trying to find the sorce of the noise as it seems to do it even when you start the engine, i thought it might have been the engine mountings but as you said "oneten" its when you pull away at lower speeds and when slowing down its like a jerking sqeeking sound. will take it into dealers asap, do you think bottom arm bushes are covered under warrenty. thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quick update, took car to back to dealer and they found the fault, it was the air con pipe rubbing against something, they have moved the pipe away from what it was rubbing with and applied packing around it to stop it making that noise and ive not had a problem with it so far, touch wood ha.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
HI all, I know this is an old topic, did anyone find a cure for creaky front doors?
Mine seems to be the outermost seal, the noise can be replicated by pressing the door frame in.
To date I have tried polishing the body where the seal meets, also applying household polish to the seal in the hope that the silicone content stops it, the only time it doesn't creak so bad is when it's raining.
Please help, it drives me mad, I must thank Sony for the excellent steroe that drowns it out, not much help when jolding a civil conversation though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi mate, i have this problem that comes and goes, but what i have noticed is the interior door panel creaks like mad even when you push on it and when driving, im not sure how to cure this. guess its a common prob with most cmax's. let me know if you manage to cure it mate.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
MetalMicky08 said:
Have you tried a dab of a silicone based grease?
MM
Not tried the grease, no. I thought the Silicone contained within household polish would suffice, obviously not.
Slightly off Topic I know, but anyone else with a 2.0 TDCI noticed occasiona excessive vibration when turning the Engine off? thinking a crappy Engine/Gearbox mount or roll restrictor could be fault with my slight annoyance in drivability.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Not with a new engine but on a more worn one it can be due to just where the engine stops and is related to piston / bore wear

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Richard G said:
Not with a new engine but on a more worn one it can be due to just where the engine stops and is related to piston / bore wear
Sorry, I dont understand what you mean here, A 4 Cylinder Engine will only stop in one of four positions depending on what cylinder is coming up on compression stroke, any wear on the bore/Piston would suggest piston scuff which indicates the Engine is only good for scrap!
Mine has 3k miles on it now and has intermittantly done it from approx 50miles
I was tying to establish if anyone else considers theirs to transmit a rather harsh vibration as you turn the Engine off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts