Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I have a 2004 Focus-cmax 2.0 TDCI Ghia
Can someone tell me if the crankshaft pulley has to come off to replace the crankshaft position sensor?
I have had a hard time starting my car since I've had it (5 years). Also it completely died on me once while i was driving which is potentially very dangerous.
I did an obd scan and it showed an intermittent problem with it. If I can be done with the pulley in place, I will do it myself but if not I will hire a mechanic.
I have had the drivers side front wheel off and located it but don't want to fiddle with it until i know it can be done.
I have also had a real hard time trying to confirm the correct part so I have taken a picture which shows the model number (if you zoom in). This would have helped me so hopefully it will help someone else confirm which part they need. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi you can remove the sensor without having to remove the pulley.
Hi
Thanks, I read in the haynes manual and it says take off the pulley on 2 liter models and I read someone online saying you don't. Have you done this to yours?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all, just an update on this, I changed it today without removing pully. It was fairly easy to do. Just hope it fixed my problem. Shame haynes manual tells you to remove the pulley. I think haynes manuals are generally poor in content quality and advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts