Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've just bought a second hand 2017 C-max (1l petrol) and the last two times I've driven it, I've noticed that the cooling fan is staying on after I have switched the car off. Is this normal? Ive literally had it less than a week so if its something to worry about I'll go back to the Ford garage i bought it from and ask them to look at it. Both times the journey has been about 45 minutes long, not getting over 40mph as its through towns. Its not exactly been a hot day outside either. The fan isnt particularly loud sounding. Im not 100% how long its stayed on for either but its definitely been longer than 2 mins. Probably between 5 and 10 mins. Any advice would be much appreciated! thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had various cars, whose fans stay on, for a while, after switching off - never a problem . Staying on for 2 minutes does'nt sound bad, but 10 minutes does sound a little excessive . Reading my Car mechanics mag the other day - there's a guy got a running on fan
(causing battery drain and starting problems) and it turned out to be defective relay . Obviously check the coolant level, and you would assume that the anti freeze strength is good on a car that's not that old. If you've recently purchased, from a Ford dealer, then I would have no qualms about dropping it back - maybe they will give it a scan.
By the way I too have a 1.0lt ecoboost , 2016 , and get about 40 MPG - I was expecting more.
Be interested to know how it turns out for you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts