Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a weird sound coming from my dashboard. I suspect it is the inside climate control temperature sensor fan. I do however not know how to access it. It is located directly next to the steering column behind a very small grill.

Also, what to do if the removal keys of the radio are stuck inside the radio? I cannot get the radio or the keys out. So now I have a radio with keys sticking out.

Anyone know how to remove the center dashboard console?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove gearstick gaiter & have a fully charged torch!
After I have removed the gear stick gaiter, what is the best way to proceed? I am afraid to break something.

Also, do you have a suggestion on how to remove stuck radio keys (I have the travelpilot fx radio)?

·
Super Moderator
2,414 Posts
The usual course of action is to break things & swear a lot.
Failing that it’s just a case of gently tugging till you feel resistance then look for a screw. Loosen first to see if it matters.
As for the radio keys you’ll need a feeler gauge slid down the side to lever up the catch that’s holding them in.
Failing that, pull very hard!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Are you really sure its from inside the cabin? I have a weird noise in my car that I thought was the heater fan. I am now convinced its the power steering.
You would not want to tear it all apart and find it is something else altogether.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts