Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys
I just bought a FORD C-MAX (DM2) 1.8 TDCi from 2008. It came with a tuningbox, that has been installed, but its not anymore. So im wondering about how to connect it....

The box is the brand V-tech. It doesnt say anymore on the box (apart from some numbers above the barcode: SN: A3270 - properbly irrelevant)

I cant find any info by searching the brandname, so would be greatfull, if anybody outthere can help. Check the photo please
Thanks
20210123_211831_resized.jpg
20210123_211854_resized.jpg
20210123_211802_resized.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I've already been to that site. It seems like they want quite a lot of money to give you any information... Any other suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks a lot! Dont know how you found it, but im happy you did. I thought there was more to it than just plugging it in - some kind of procedure... But there doesnt seem to be:)
Do you know if its a Power Box or Chip Tuning I have? I see, there i quite a difference.

Thanks again
I thought chip tuning is a form of power box, or vice versa as opposed to remapping, but I have little knowledge of the subject apart from what I have read on forums.
Good luck with it and I hope its satisfactory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought chip tuning is a form of power box, or vice versa as opposed to remapping, but I have little knowledge of the subject apart from what I have read on forums.
Good luck with it and I hope its satisfactory.
I too dont know much about it, but from the document you linked to, it seems to bee to different things. Anyway it doesnt matter. Ill plug the thing in, and see what happens. I thank you once again, you been very helpfull.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Do not use those God damn contraptions , normally just a resistor !

They fool information of fuel temp/ pressure sensors to the ecu resulting in over pressuring the fuel rail and injectors .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do not use those God damn contraptions , normally just a resistor !

They fool information of fuel temp/ pressure sensors to the ecu resulting in over pressuring the fuel rail and injectors .
Oh boy, doesnt sound good. Where can I read more about this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts