Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 55 plate 1.6tdci Ghia (ex mobility) 14000 miles. In immaculate condition apart from a scratch next to the card holder. (any ideas on theremoval of the surrond for spraying). Averaged 48 MPG on my first run today, so far very pleased.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi and Welcome!
You'll need 4 keys to remove the radio and then the suround should pop out.
I'll see if I can find a diagram and go from there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good choice, Enjoy the excelent MPG. My 2.0l TDCI brings a tear to my eye every trip to the pumps. Does the 'HGF' hark back to elise ownership? Sounds like a rover lump you are alluding to....

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi CDORISMAX,I too have a 2.0 TDCI,my average is 42mpg,although I have added some bits to help.Try going from 1st to 3rd to 5th,the car has more than enough power to do this & you should get a couple more mpg as a result.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The HGF was a Rover 75 1.8 Turbo, really nice car but i never knew when or if i was going to get home. At least now i know i won't be let down every couple of weeks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I travel 11 miles each way to work which really doesn't help the MPG. On a day out however I can get some very good fuel cons.figures which compensate. I do drive like a granny though! yet
As a granny I do not have to justify this irritating driving style.
But I do NOT belong to the C.L.O.D. club. as when on a motorway and not actually overtaking you will find me amongst the trucks doing 56 mph. in the correct lane.
I digress!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I used to be a werewolf, but I'm all right Nowooooooooohhh........
(Rover head gaskets did for me.)

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
It was when they issued 600's & 800's as managers cars at a certain plant in solihull and you had to drive them like a motorbike to get anywhere that put me off

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
A friend of mine used to work there in marketing and was given one as company car.He picked it up at 3.pm,drove to mine in Sutton 10 miles max & it blew up as he drove up our road! The turbo let go without any warning.Needless to say,he never asked for a replacement!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts