Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I bought a MK1 CMAX , My model is the ZTEC 2005 1.6 Petrol - I have no sound coming from the rear speakers, is that the case that it only has speakers in the front, I haven’t taken the door cards of yet. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, tried that and only sound coming from the front, Silent when only put to rear! Looks like I’ll have to take the door cards off and look further. Don’t know if this helps but it was a third party stereo that was installed already.

·
Registered
392 Posts
That could be your problem then if it's not the original stereo it may not have been wired up correctly or have a fault with it.
I don't have the wiring diagram to hand at the moment but the easy way is to get a small battery 1.5 volt identify the rear speaker wires in turn and connect the battery to the rear speaker terminals for a fraction of a second and you should get a small click noise if there still fitted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
On the front right, fade it all the way to the left and right, ill bet my back side, there reversed..

In which case whoever fitted it didnt use the suppled adapter plugs, there a few quid on ebay once you confirm thats it, but its also possible now that the rear speakers are blown, having had 12v shoved down them from the plugs being wrong.

So fading the volume left to right etc will confirm at least the speakers are on the right plugs etc.

In the end, i baught a pioneer head set, new harness adapter and 4 new speaker

Nighthawks 1.5v batter trick should confirm if the speakers are at least on the other end of the plugs :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for all the help, first time on CMax forums and I appreciate it! Will try all of those suggestions and will let you know how I get on!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so after following advice the rear left is now working too, randomly just started when I turned the sound up a bit louder now it works when turned up and down only one that doesn’t work at all is the rear right so will replace it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts