Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My renewal is due in the next month and I'm having a Bit of a drama with prices due to moving house 30 days or so after renewing so the price is going to shoot up.

I'm trying to find a way Round it at the moment so may leave the renewal till the last minute then take out a policy. That way when I do a fresh quote to change address it will be valid for 30 days so at least I'll know what I'm going to be charged instead of company's saying well we can't say as it changes all the time. That's no use to man nor beast!

This thread is more of an out of interest thread as we all like to know what others are paying etc... I know it's all location dependant and some other factors so don't get to excited with each other and start having a war of words.

PROVIDER: Tesco
NCB: 9yrs not protected
MILEAGE: 10k a year
EXCESS: £100
PROTECTION: fully comprehensive
PRICE: £188 at my current address or £430 at the new house (don't bloody think so)

·
Registered
959 Posts
You've heard of the post code lottery, now you know what it means :(
Have you tried one of the comparrison sites, my renewal came through at over £400 but the same deal on Compare the market gave a quote from the same company at £100 less :confused:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was comparison sites I used that gave me the £430 at the new house. Best I've found is with esure. If I was insuring it at my current house for the year it would be £222 and for the new house £249.

I'll obviously have the admin fee to pay for the address change which would be £26 :( but there's not much in it price wise with esure. I may just end up sacking Tesco off with the silly price that I was quoted for the new house.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Typical tactics, give you a good quote but sting you when you have to make changes :mad:
I'm with Tesco at the mo but I doubt it'll be the best quote next year :(

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tesco had actually been the best quote for me for a few years running which was surprising. Now I'd understand if the area I was moving into was a bad one but it's better than where I am now. It also has a garage so even with that it made no difference. Lol.

Think they make these quotes up sometimes. An extra £242 is terrible.... Going to cost more than it did to insure my RS focus and that was a 300bhp thing and one of the top insurance groups.

Will see how it all plans out the week before I'm due to renew. One thing I do know is I won't be paying that premium!

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
Is a nice area...till you move in!

·
Registered
959 Posts
I may be OK with tesco for ayear of two then :)
I can understand a better area being more expensive as there are richer pickings but a garage should compensate surely?, mind you, most these days have 200 quids worth of tat in the garage and a 20 grand motor on the drive :rolleyes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ive only been driving 2 years bought my cmax 2 months ago it was just under a grand fully comp which i didnt think was bad moved house this week my insurance has gone up to 2300 fully comp i wish mine was as cheap as urs

·
Registered
908 Posts
Ive only been driving 2 years bought my cmax 2 months ago it was just under a grand fully comp which i didnt think was bad moved house this week my insurance has gone up to 2300 fully comp i wish mine was as cheap as urs
Who are you with and where do you live. £2300 is unbelievable for a cmax. I'm in North wales and pay just £237 Direct line after Admiral wanted over £400

1 - 11 of 11 Posts