Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just bought a 05 plate 2.0 DCI GHIA it dosnt seem to be very good on diesel what sort of mileage should I expect. Is there any common faults to watch for. How reliable is the electric hand brake.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi mma and welcome.

Lots of questions and loads of answers are here! Just use the search button at the top. Anything not answered then fire off a question.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Main thing to watch out fpr is the alternator packing up.
Don`t have an epb,but from reading all that has happened to those who have I`m real glad I don`t have it.I think one of the main probs with it is getting used to it,although I think it caused electrical probs on early C-Max (you`ll have to read through past posts to get all the info).
Welcome by the way.
I have just replied to your post about mpg so I`ll not go into that again.
Nice to have you with us.
MM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(I have just replied to your post about mpg so I`ll not go into that again).

Sorry were did you post about mpg I cant find that

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
It`s in the post behind this New Cmax owner.
Another thing to watch out for is a loss of power,sort of like you have no turbo.If you get that & the engine light comes on,then it`s probably the EGR valve.It`s a dealer job & is about £300.I had mine done a couple of weeks ago.
MM

·
Registered
28 Posts
HI!

I have the same car, am averaging 48 mpg on combined, but it really likes the motorways and will do 55+ on them.

The EPB takes a bit of getting used to but I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it. There are lots of posts about it if you do a search.

Regards

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts