Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys new to the group but not to my cmax... 2011 1.6tdci 6speed.

Clutch hit the floor but would be ok after a few pumps.

After research I went ahead and replaced the master cyclinder. Seemed to bleed up ok and had a good peddle for a day. Then progressivly went to the floor again. Bit the bullet and bought a clutch kit.. plate basket and slave/release

Fitted these tuesday. After a ball ache got it back together wednesday. Got it on the floor reversed great! Dipped clutch. It's stuck engaged..

Light squeeling noise for a second or 2.

Anyway. Pulled it back apart today. Made sure everything was right. Compared to old clutch seemed fine. Couple of differences in the pressure plate. So out the old one back on.

Got it back together.

I've gravity bled it.
I've pressure bled the system with eezi bleed both ways!
(From reservoir to bleed nipple on box. Then the opposite way round) as nothing seems to work.

Cars still in the air. No drive it's still engaged and I'm at a complete loss brainwave wise.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi guys new to the group but not to my cmax... 2011 1.6tdci 6speed.

Clutch hit the floor but would be ok after a few pumps.

After research I went ahead and replaced the master cyclinder. Seemed to bleed up ok and had a good peddle for a day. Then progressivly went to the floor again. Bit the bullet and bought a clutch kit.. plate basket and slave/release

Fitted these tuesday. After a ball ache got it back together wednesday. Got it on the floor reversed great! Dipped clutch. It's stuck engaged..

Light squeeling noise for a second or 2.

Anyway. Pulled it back apart today. Made sure everything was right. Compared to old clutch seemed fine. Couple of differences in the pressure plate. So out the old one back on.

Got it back together.

I've gravity bled it.
I've pressure bled the system with eezi bleed both ways!
(From reservoir to bleed nipple on box. Then the opposite way round) as nothing seems to work.

Cars still in the air. No drive it's still engaged and I'm at a complete loss brainwave wise.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Ford recommend vacuum bleeding (some manufactures say don't ever pressure bleed) and that's the way I always do it and never really have any problems.
Is it loosing fluid or just air bleed trouble?
If it's loosing fluid remember the brakes use the same reservoir and if leaking will take the fluid from the clutch making most people think that there is a clutch problem when in fact it's a brake problem.
These thing's are very frustrating but often have a simple solution.
Finally did you check the old slave cylinder before you put it back in again because that could well be your problem.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
544 Posts
hi Brendon, are you saying you are unable to bleed the clutch system? also when fitting the clutch friction plate it was fitted the correct way around, it should say gearbox side or flywheel side on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts